From the vibrant low lying beaches of So Cal to the snow capped Sierra’s, California truly offers something for everyone. We aim to convey that same sensibility by creating whiskies and liqueurs individually unique and distinct from bottle to bottle, to give consumers a fresh perspective on how whiskey has been re-imagined on the west coast.
Cali Distillery stakes out its own path in defining California whiskies with a deep spectrum of flavors and proofs, designed for casual drinkers and experts alike. Everything from our broad shouldered bottles, rich mash bills, single barrel finishing, to our non-GMO grain and KOSHER certification epitomizes what a California product should be.
All of our spirits are kosher certified, and our Sukkah Hill product line is Kosher for Passover Certified. Our goal is to bring the true Spirit of California to the world and carry the torch as a leader in the California whiskey revolution. We hope you enjoy our spirits, and that every drop of gold gives you a taste of what we call home.
- CALI Whiskey is a unique California twist on a classic American sipping whiskey. CALI is smoother than a frontier whiskey, but more complex and flavorful than a traditional Kentucky bourbon. The flavors of CALI Whiskey arise organically from the interaction of the rich corn mash bourbon and spicy rye, mellowed by clean oak and then finished with our own signature blends of herbs, spices and botanicals.
- Mavericks Doublewood Whiskey is our high rye bourbon shaped by exposure to two very different varieties of oak. CALI Mavericks DoubleWood Whiskey starts out in charred new American Oak barrels, and finishes with toasted French Oak. Rich with coffee, caramel and cocoa aromas, this is what Whiskey tastes like on the coast.
- Riptide Rye-Cask Strength is CALI Distillery’s idea of a perfect small batch Rye Whiskey. It is 93% rye with just enough malted barley to drive the fermentation process. We are so enamored of this mash bill, that we do our best to bottle it as purely as it comes out of the single barrel. Cask Strength, this 118 proof spirit has a beautiful amber color and an earthy overtone. The rich butterscotch notes of oak complement the underlying spice of the Rye to make an incredibly smooth Rye Whiskey.
- Three Rivers Rye Whiskey is a dark rich Rye Whiskey produced and bottled in California. It is 93 percent rye, and 7 percent malted barley. Where many rye whiskeys have a sour/bitter/spicy overtone, Three Rivers has dark chocolate, black coffee and caramel notes. Three Rivers is aged in New American Oak, and then finished with a succession of toasted and charred oak. Golden toasted oak lends sweet caramel overtones and the blackened charred oak contributes a strong dark roasted grain bite to the flavor profile.
- Thunder is a dark smokey Bourbon Whiskey finished with blackened Sonoran Mesquite. If you love high smoke scotch whiskeys, we think that you will love Thunder. It has all of the rich, sweet chocolatey notes of our signature CALI bourbon whiskeys, but is infused with the smoky goodness of a southwest barbecue. Totally familiar, but completely different from the peated smokiness of the best single malt scotches.
- Steel String is a soft, lightly sweet Bourbon Whiskey with just a hint of honey on the finish.
- Tower 11 French Oak Finished Bourbon Whiskey is our richest bourbon. Created in collaboration with the talented country artist Brett Young, Tower 11 is smooth, a little sweet with a luxurious caramel finish.
Sukkah Hill Spirits Liqueurs
Etrog Liqueur is a lightly sweet, herbal, citrus liqueur featuring the aroma of citrus blossoms. The Etrog is an ancient heirloom citrus fruit grown in only a handful of orchards worldwide. Our Etrog Liqueur is an extraordinary cocktail modifier, and works especially well in cocktails based on Gin, Vodka, white wine/champagne and other light spirits. It brings bright, open herbal and citrus notes and highlights. It compares favorably to St. Germain – higher proof, with a crisper flavor profile presenting herbal and citrus floral notes rather than berry notes. Etrog was named by Wine Enthusiast to the Top 100 Spirits
Besamim Liqueur is a richly balanced mix of cinnamon, vanilla, clove and other hand selected spices. It works wonderfully neat or as a cocktail modifier. Used in mixed drinks, Besamim adds complex low notes and spicy vibrancy to brown spirits and works well with fruit juices, tiki drinks and smoked tequila.
Desert Trail is our impossible spirit, unlike anything you’ve ever tasted, but evocative of the your favorite peated scotch whiskey.. It is a mesquite finished, deep oak aged sugar cane base “rhum Agricole” inspired spirit that hits the palette like a smoky single malt.